Phone charging business in Nigeria is doomed to strive and flourish as long as power supply continue to be epileptic and unreliable. I can’t imagine staying a day without any source of power, but you’d be amazed to hear that some parts of Nigeria are without electricity for months. In such ugly situation, how do we charge our systems and phones? How do we stay connected when our mobile battery is drained?
I was at a phone charging shop recently, the owner was a classmate of mine and we couldn’t resist the urge to sit down and discus like old times. As we chat, countless people where coming to charge and per battery is N50. It got to a point where there was no space at all and the unlucky individuals have no choice but to wait. I did a little maths and was buzzed. N50 x 100 phones = N5000. But judging from the scene, there were more than 200 phones plugged. Every socket outlet was filled and chargers were blinking.
What beat me the most was that, a battery takes a maximum of two hours till full. The lucrativeness of this business changed my life that I nearly plugged myself.
This business is the easiest business you can start and make thousands of money every month. Imagine making more than N5000 daily. You’ll be able to make tremendous amount that some office workers can’t boost of.
REQUIREMENTS TO START A PHONE CHARGING BUSINESS
• No training or technical skill required
• A small generator set.
• Lots of socket outlets
• Lots of wire and desk top chargers
With the above, you can start-up this business immediately and be financially free for life. There are numerous reasons why this business is assumed to be the real deal in making money.
• EVERYBODY HAS A PHONE – Almost everyone has a phone and want to stay connected. When power supply is on leave, they won’t mind parting with N50 just to charge their phone and make calls.
• IT’S VERY CHEAP – You might say, ‘Almost everyone have a generator set at home.’ You might be right, but not everybody is willing to waste over N500 to fuel their generator, especially when there’s a better option.
• VERY EASY TO START – This business doesn’t need a long protocol nor is the start-up process cumbersome. Having a home generator is an added advantage. This way, you won’t have to worry about buying a new generator.
• CHEAP TO RUN – This is not like other business where you’ll need huge finance to remain in business. All you need to stay in this phone charging business is fuel and generator. Keep the gen powered and you’re good to go.
HOW TO START THIS PHONE CHARGING BUSINESS IN NIGERIA
Like every other business article on this blog, there’s always a process to starting any kind of business. Below is what must be in place before you KICK OFF.
This is very crucial. You don’t go and locate your business in the forest and expect humans from town to find you there. Location is everything and you must take your time and discover that perfect place for you. If your community can boost of steady power supply, check the next community that’s battling with inconsistent power supply.
2. GET THE NECESSARY EQUIPMENTS
Like I mentioned above, you’ll need to get equipments like generator, socket outlets, battery chargers. Any other thing you might want to include is secondary.
TIP: MUSIC IS THE BEST WAY TO ATTRACT YOUR POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS. MAKE SURE MUSIC ISN’T LACKING.
3. GET A SIGNPOST
In front of your shop, place a visible signpost with something like; ‘CHARGE YOUR PHONE HERE.’ This way, you define your business and make it easier for people to know what your shop offers. This will no doubt bring more patronage.
NOTE: ASSURE YOUR CUSTOMERS OF MAXIMUM SECURITY AGAINST THEFT. THEY WILL FEEL FREE AND RELAX DOING BUSINESS WITH YOU.
3. START WORK
As easy as that. Like I said, the process of starting isn’t at all complex. Open your shop, on the generator and wait for customers. Your first day might not be impressive, don’t worry. It’s totally normal. As time goes, people will get to know about your business, thereby coming everyday to charge their phone.
TIP: WORD OF MOUTH ADVERTISEMENT CAN GO A LONG WAY IN EXPOSING YOUR BUSINESS TO POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS.
This business can make you rich if only you do this well, happily, it’s not rocket science and that means you can do it. As you progress further in this business, you might want to diversify a little by starting to sell recharge cards, selling of phone batteries and chargers. Within few months, you might have built a mega technological shop.