I’m a die-hard fan of football and I remember going to these football viewing centers months ago to stay updated and relieve myself of stress. Despite the fact that I have a huge television at home, hanging out with friends and discussing about the latest football trends is what makes going to a football viewing Center fun. To watch in these centers, you’ll need to buy a ticket which is N100 for each person. Imagine if you start this business and were able to host about 100 people, that’s roughly N10,000 in a day.
The most intriguing part is that, you can actually make more than that by selling food, snacks and drinks alongside your football viewing center. This business is very lucrative, especially if you’re in a good location cause this business is location-based. In this article, I’m going to show you how to start this football viewing center business, the cost, requirements and equipment. If you do this right, you’ll be bouncing on money cause there’s always a football match to watch.
COST OF STARTING A FOOTBALL VIEWING CENTER
This depends mainly on your location cause prices varies. Go on a market survey, conduct a Good Feasibility Study. The space for the business, the equipments needed to run this business on a medium scale will cost about N600,000. Take note that this is just an estimate, draw out a business plan to know what you need and how much it will cost. Starting a football viewing center won’t require millions to start. In fact, you’ll be able to realize your capital after three months if you do this well.
GETTING A GOOD SPACE/LOCATION
Starting a football viewing center is not rocket science, but it will be if you’re on a wrong location. You need to make sure that you build your structure in an open place where people can easily come without any hurdle. Read this post on how to know a good business location. When you have found that perfect spot, go ahead and build your structure. You can do this by calling a carpenter to build with planks, or better yet, use a trampoline. You need to make sure that it’s large enough to contain the amount of people you anticipate.
FURNISH YOUR FOOTBALL VIEWING CENTER
Chances are that you might not be the only person operating this business, what will attract more customers and make you stand out is how furnish and relaxing your football viewing center is.
1. WOODEN LONG BENCH – I won’t recommend using plastic cause it might end up not seeing the end of the day. When building your structure, construct the bench at once. Make sure it has a back where customers can lean on.
2. FAN – It could be standing fan or ceiling fan, whichever one, make sure it’s not lacked. Normally, your football viewing center will always be crowded, especially when there’s a major match like Chelsea vs Manchester United, Barcelona vs Liverpool, Arsenal vs Chelsea etc.. In such a crowded atmosphere, your fan will be the only source relieve from heat.
3. TWO BIG TELEVISION – Your television must be HD and big. At least, a minimum of two television is enough to get your football viewing center going.
4. STANDBY GENERATOR – Because of the epileptic power supply in Nigeria, you must have a standby generator in other to smoothly run this business.
5. UPS – This is used to keep the decoder running in case of power outage. That way, you can easily switch to generator or public power without having to reboot the decoder all over again.
6. BLACKBOARD – This will be used to write announcements or matches for the day. So it’s paramount you have and use it in other to keep your customers adequately informed.
GET THE BEST SUBSCRIPTION PLAN
You can purchase DSTV or TSTV decoder cause they have the right to air major football matches like;
- UEFA champions league
- Spanish La Liga
- English Premiership
- Italian Seria A
- French Ligue 1 etc.
Tstv decoder is currently at N5000 and can air those matches. Although, it worth to take note that TSTV is a new pay satellite TV and haven’t really been regarded as a formidable competitor yet. DSTV have a Premium plan that can air the above matches and you can get it at N15,000. This price might change anytime, so do well to visit any DSTV subscription vendor to be sure.
HOW TO EARN EXTRA INCOME FROM YOUR FOOTBALL VIEWING CENTER
1. FOOD/DRINKS – Another way to earn from this business is to sell food, snacks, drinks, meat etc At people watch their team play, they love to wash it down with meat and drink. Most individuals usually come with a friend, girlfriend or relative. Not selling most of these is like hindering the full potential of your business.
2. GAMES – Whenever there’s no match, the center can be converted to a gaming center where game fanatics can come and compete with each other, most especially PES.
3 BETTING – One of the reason why people watch football is to know whether the game they played entered or not, that’s is, whether they won or lose. You can set up an account with betting companies like Bet9ja, Bet360 etc so that people can come and buck for games.
Football viewing center is a lucrative business that can fetch you lots of money if well-managed. One of the important thing you must do is make sure you treat your customers nicely to keep them coming. Once in a while, you can give out free polo for loyal customers. As you grow, think of growing the space and staffs are well.