Popcorn business in one hell of a business that can make you a millionaire in three months if you’ll just follow my guide in this an article. Thanks to an ENT reader, Jonny, who gave me this idea through a comment.
Many people have definitely look down on this lucrative business, probably because of how dirty popcorn hawkers look. These hawkers, with their dirty cloths toil under the sun and rain just to make ends meet, even run faster than Usain Bolt just to get that one customer. Allow me to burst your bubble. Have you ever wondered who supplies these popcorn that they sell? This is the part where you’re going to get intrigued.
I’m going to make this article comprehensive and interesting. Just pay attention and you will be able to grab even if even you’re the world best dummy.
One package of popcorn is sold for N100 by these popcorn hustlers in our streets. The suppliers sell for N70, while these hawkers add an extra N30 to make a gain. If you become a supplier today, if you can start this business and produce at least, 1000 packages of popcorn in a month, you’ll be making roughly N70,000. Do you know a government worker that earns that much? The good thing is, you can produce more than 5000 packages of popcorn monthly if only you’ll start big and employ at least, 3 workers.
AN ADVICE FROM PRECIOUS HUMPHERY, A NOTABLE POPCORN SUPPLIER.
EQUIPMENTS YOU’LL NEED TO START THIS POPCORN BUSINESS
=> POPCORN MAKER – I will recommend getting a popcorn maker that runs on gas. This is because the electric popcorn maker might not work due to the epileptic power supply we experience here in Nigeria. If you want to do this business in a big way, then get ET-POP6A-D or Funpop 8 oz popcorn makers. They are very big and can pop corns faster. The price range is between N65,000 – N80,000.
=> SEALING MACHINE – This is used to seal the mouth of the package. This machine is electrical and will warrant handling the machine and sealing it manually. It’s very easy to operate. It looks more like a laminating machine, only that the structure and purpose is different. With the machine manual, you won’t need my help. This machine can cost over N15,000.
MATERIALS NEEDED IN A POPCORN BUSINESS
• BAGS OF CORN – This can be bought from any market closest to you. It’s not a rare gem or gold, it’s a common commodity you can get anywhere. Make sure you get a good corn that has a little moisture cause that is what helps it to pop. It’s advisable you meet someone who’s already in this business to give you a little tip. If possible, help you purchase your first bag of corn.
• SUGAR, BUTTER, SALT – These are the primary ingredients you’ll need to make your popcorn taste great and divine. You can easily get them from any shop around.
HOW TO START A POPCORN BUSINESS
1. BUSINESS NAME
After you’ve conducted your feasibility study like Precious Humphery recommended, then go ahead and choose a business name. It could be your nickname, or a strange abstract word with no meaning. Whichever one you’re going for, make sure it’s memorable and can be branded. There are many popcorn brands out there in the market, what will set your product aside is how professional everything about your product look.
Once you have gotten a business name, brand it in a unique way. You can do this by hiring a professional graphic artist to work on the label, with your business name boldly written.
NOTE: BEFORE YOU START THIS BUSINESS, ENQUIRE FROM LOCAL OR STATE AUTHORITIES IF THIS BUSINESS WILL REQUIRE A LICENCE.
2. HOW TO SELL YOUR POPCORN
There are 101 ways to sell your popcorn and make cool cash within a month. Consider the following ways;
• IN CARTS – This is no doubt the easiest method to sell your popcorn. You can set up your cart anywhere that you’re sure people will buy. Anybody can do this business, including a student who’s looking for another way to survive on campus. In fact, doing this popcorn business in a school environment is doom to flourish.
• ONLINE – This medium might look like rocket science. It’s very technical, especially if you don’t know the rudiments that make up the online world. However, if you do this right, you’re made for life cause your website is also a money-making machine even without the popcorn.
• STORE – This is what depicts a serious popcorn seller who have big dreams. Having your own shop or store is a huge milestone. In this case, you don’t need to run this business alone. Employ more staffs cause this will increase production thereby bringing in more profits. This should be done in other to cover up major expenses like store rent, insurance, maintenance, repairs etc. The more people you have working for you, the faster you grow as an entrepreneur.
3. ADVERTISING AND MARKETING STRATEGIES
How to advertise your popcorn business in other to bring in sales is countless. You can choose to run an advert online or offline, depending on your target. You can even create awareness through your business cards, flyers, Facebook ads, classified ads on newspaper, television channels, radio FM etc.
Discover the medium which will serve your need and kick off.
Popcorn business is a lucrative venture. Kids don’t joke with it. It’s the best food for young lovers who wants to stroll around. It’s the best snacks when watching your favorite series or TV show. Popcorn is everyone’s favorite and this is the more reason why this business is a goldmine. Gather all the knowledge you need and kick off.
If you have any question, use the comment box and I will respond immediately.